Sunday, August 3, 2008

Clarifications & What-Nots

...I'm coming to a point here while writing...where I've gotta add some retractions and make some things a little clearer...I want these Memoirs as close to 100% on the mark as can be...

...First off, the butcher knife I handed my brother Dan was actually more like a giant steak knife. I just had a hard time figuring what the exact measurements were but we are talking 40 years ago, and I just remember it being the biggest knife in the drawer...Funny thing is, back in those days, they would sell these giant knifes and people would bring them home and they wouldn't even slice butter...My Dad was in his glory when he brought home an electric knife made by Sunbeam...It had a dual blade system that would saw both blades in opposite direction and give you an extremely clean slice every time...These knifes were very, very loud...You could not hear anything but the roar of the blades churning while in progress...My Dad took great pride in slicing up our meats to perfection whether it was a roast beef rump roast or a Thanksgiving turkey...You could just see him light up when my Mom would ask him to pull out the electric knife...Of course, I watched in wonder as my Dad would be in action, carving away...I just found it utterly fascinating...

Second, I'm not sure if my brother Joe was at the ND/Michigan game...I thought for sure he was with us but I only remember me and Danny out on the field after the game ended and the place was up for grabs...No big deal, Joe got to see the Chicago Bulls win a title game at the United Center during the Jordan era...so he has his own awesome legendary sports moments also...

...Third, and finally, the station wagon that crashed into the Knollwood tree was actually hurtling backwards down the hill...and caused damage to the back end...The actual cause was someone actually released the emergency brake...My sisters were running next to the wagon as it went downhill and kept yelling at Danny to get down and cover up...I've just got the clarification on that story.

...No big deal...all the stories remain relevant and I'm glad everyone has the inside scoop on some of the wacky nuances that come to light as these Memoirs roll on...

No comments: