Thursday, October 16, 2008

Onward & Upward

Well...here we are...20 blogs into the Life and Times of Jim O'Leary

...I've covered such a vast array of memories...already...and yet we are only getting started...

...The 60's...in itself...was a great starting point...for anyone to begin their life. It certainly left some incredible impressions of how different things were back then...and that time has almost swept away...so many of those interesting facets and figures which held us in awe...during those daring, illustrious years, so long ago...

...Whether it was my O'Leary family members caught in a time warp, remembering themselves so vividly, drifting way, way back to that era...or good friends my age who also firmly clutched their Frito Bandito erasers & did some outrageously, ridiculous things pretending they were young NASA astronauts, too...It's all good stuff, for all of us, to hold onto, flashbacks that should be cherished, at least one more time, to some extent, just for the laughs, just for the fun, just for the hell-of-it...For so many of my nieces & nephews, this has been a glimpse of the history of their Mom's & Dad's, Gramma & Grampa, Uncles & Aunts...And for those who have only known me, from recent years, this has provided a great deal of nostalgia & curiosity, an insight into a world they may never, ever, realized...had existed...And really, the best is yet to come...

...Of course, with all this in mind...I'm not through...by any means...We are just about to embark on a wonderous journey through the 1970's...Another decade of long-lost symbols, fads & functions that will all be inter-woven together, from my perspective, at that time...I was only a young kid, still, but I was growing up rather quickly...And that decade held a huge cluster of both good and bad moments which will transpire right before your eyes...

I'm really kinda torn by turning the pages of time, so quickly, yet there is a sense, within me, that so many people are anxious to roll on...into the future...with the anticipation...of what lie ahead...in the crazy, upside-down world of Jim O'Leary...

Really, the 70's were some pivotal years...when I still had just an amazing amount of robust energy, a budding imagination, ready, about to take off and such an endless, endless passion to have a good time....And I don't intend to dissappoint...by holding off on that slice of my life, so let us go...steady & straight...Onward & Upward...

No comments: